Wednesday 9 April 2014

Butter London Knackered Swatch and Review!

Hey everyone! Today I have a bunch of pictures of Butter London Knackered and a review to share!

I meant to get this post up Monday but after such a long day, a midterm and a busy weekend I was just exhausted! Then last night and this morning I had to finish up a computer science lab! I finally feel better today though because I slept really well last night. Our term papers were due Monday for genetics and I'm just realizing now that I don't have to worry about it anymore and I can relax a bit!

Butter London Knackered

I recently discovered yet another way to procrastinate! :P Have any of you heard of Candy Box 2? It's my new obsession. I'm a bit stuck because I can beat the Bat King and the Devil no problem, but I think I have to save up a billion lollipops to buy the Sorceress' hat to progress any further. Anyways haha, onto a ton of pictures and a review!

Butter London Knackered

Knackered is a GORGEOUS (and I usually refrain from using caps) multichrome polish with small silver holographic microglitter! The base is a blue-grey metallic colour but the multichrome shimmer shifts from green/turquoise to purple and pink and since there's so much of the shimmer it only looks blue-grey in very low lighting. It usually looks green or pinky purple!

Butter London Knackered

It is a bit of a sheer polish so I ended up applying four thin coats (and a coat of top coat) for the opacity you see here. I know that sounds pretty darn sheer and like it would be a pain to apply, but the formula is so lovely and it's so fast-drying that it seemed like applying a normal two or three coat polish. I absolutely love Butter London polishes and I love their brushes!

Butter London Knackered

Like I said above, the formula was lovely. It dried fast, self-leveled, applied like butter, and was only slightly brushstrokey. That's just what happens with multichrome polishes and it was hardly noticeable as you can see from the pictures!

Butter London Knackered

Another super awesome thing about this polish is how dang holographic the tiny glitters are. This polish is so unique and I really think the holographic glitters make it so much better! All of the pictures taken on my chair (the grey background) are in indirect sunlight and the glitters still look holographic! They also look holographic in my light box (black background) and my light box is where holo things go to die! Craziness!

Butter London Knackered

I know when I read something's a four-coater I think it's totally not worth the effort, but the formula on this baby is so good that you really shouldn't let that discourage you! You could also use three  thicker coats and get the same opacity!

Butter London Knackered

My dad even thought this polish was freaking awesome, everyone I showed it to did in fact. I wore this for four days and it did chip a little, but I think that was because my actual nail got a little chip in it.

Butter London Knackered

Overall I think this is a beautiful polish that is totally worth the money (17 dollars plus tax here in Canada) and a perfect present for anyone into nails!

Butter London Knackered

Thank you so much for having a look everyone, I'd love to hear what you think of this polish in the comments! I'll try to prepare some posts for the next two weeks because finals are about to start and I'll be busy again! Happy Wednesday everyone! =D

2 comments:

  1. NEED THIS AND NEED THIS SOON!!! I am literally writing this down in my planner to go out and BUY THIS!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do! :D It is soooo freaking cool!!

      Delete