Tuesday 4 March 2014

Illamasqua Viridian Swatch and Review & Half Moon Heart Nail Art!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of Illamasqua Viridian and some nail art on top to share!

Hey guys, how are you doing? I'm a little nervous and very curious to get my organic chem midterm back today! They are only worth 10% so I'll try not to beat myself up if I don't do super well! Every time I finish a midterm in that class I tell myself I have to start studying sooner than the night before for the next one but it never happens! :P

Illamasqua Viridian

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know I actually painted and wore these nails about two weeks ago, but I got a bit ahead of myself and kept not posting them. So here they are today! Because these are older pictures they were just automatically white balanced after being taken (not custom white balanced in my light box prior to being taken) so they might be a little off. I'll take a little off any day when I look back at how off my white balance has been!

Illamasqua Viridian

I remember wearing just one coat of Viridian the first time I wore it, but this time I wore two coats and a coat of top coat! It had a perfect formula and consistency and it seemed to dry quickly! I really love this polish and I've since bought another Illamasqua polish because of it (Facet if you're wondering)! Props to my friend Sarah for buying me this lovely and making me want a ton more! ;)

Illamasqua Viridian

I think this polish is prettier and glowier than it looks in these pictures, too bad my light box is where pretty shimmer and glitter go to die!

Illamasqua Viridian

Another thing I love about Illamasqua polishes are their bottles! They look so classy and ritzy. I also quite like the brush that they come with, it made application very easy!

Half Moon Heart Nail Art

Now for the nail art! Using the bottle from the brush, I painted heart-like shapes in Zoya Kristen over my base. I was going to go in with another heart shape with another polish, but I decided I really liked these as is!

Half Moon Heart Nail Art

Kristen is a grey blue hybrid and it can lean one way more than the other depending on what you pair it with. It looks colour-accurate here, but I did feel like it looked more grey next to the green in real life!

Half Moon Heart Nail Art

What do you guys think of these nails? They're super quick to do but really interesting to look at. I think they look quite chic! Also, does anyone know the proper term for these? I've called them half moon hearts in my title because I have no idea haha!

Half Moon Heart Nail Art

Thanks so much for reading everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely start to the week! I'll be back soon with a super bright pink polish (Rainbow Honey Apple Kid) and some nail art on top! Happy Tuesday! =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful design, you chose fantastic colours! Would you like to follow each other? - let me know on my blog, cheers!

    ReplyDelete