Tuesday 11 February 2014

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate Swatch and Review and Brushstrokey Distressed Nail Art!

Hey everyone! Today I have a swatch and review of a new Black Sheep Lacquer multchrome called Hecate to share, as well as some brushstroke nail art using a few more Black Sheep Lacquer duo/multichromes!

How has the start of your week been going everyone? I've finally caught up responding to your comments and I'll try and stay caught up from now on! I'm feeling a bit better now that I've had some time to process some sad things so hopefully I can respond to your comments in a more timely fashion from now on! That said, let's get on to the nails!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

Hecate is a turquoise (to blue to purple) to pink multichrome stuffed with a whole lotta shimmer! At extreme underwater angles it can even look like it shines orange or yellow!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

Please excuse the clump of soap and cat hair in the above picture! I really wish I had noticed it at the time because other than that it's a great shot!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

This baby had a lovely formula, it was almost a one coater (I used two) and it dried super quickly! The consistency was perfect so the only complaint I could see regarding this polish is that it does dry a little brushstrokey. I sponged a thin layer of Hecate on top of my second coat to eliminate the brushstrokes, only because I've never tried that before! The following picture is it without the sponged layer so you can see how it looks on its own!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

I think I like it better straight out of the bottle and it seems to be more multichromey this way! In the future I'll definitely only wear it on its own!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

I applied one coat of the top coat I always use (Essie Good to Go) on top like I always do when I'm going to wear a polish!

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

Black Sheep Lacquer Hecate

Brushstroke Distressed Multichrome Nail Art

The next day I went in with a few more Black Sheep Lacquer duo/multichromes and did a brushstrokey nail art look! I was inspired by Chalkboard Nails' distressed nail art tutorial and Will Paint Nails for Food's distressed jewel toned nails!

Brushstroke Distressed Multichrome Nail Art

The Black Sheep Lacquer polishes I used (other than Hecate) were Purple Planet (which I ordered recently and have yet to swatch), Zaftig Zombie, and Forbidden Fruit!

Brushstroke Distressed Multichrome Nail Art

This is already the second time I've used some Black Sheep Lacquer duo/multichromes for nail art so they're definitely versatile! They're gorgeous on their own and gorgeous together!

Brushstroke Distressed Multichrome Nail Art

Thanks so much for reading everyone! What do you think of Hecate and this brushstrokey nail art? I'd love to know! Happy Tuesday! :)

2 comments: