Monday 6 January 2014

Yume Lacquer Swatches and Review: Submerged Siren, Sunken Treasure, Queen Of The Ring and Photographic Evidence!

Hey everyone! Today I have a quick swatch and review of four Yume Lacquer polishes* to share!

Today was my first day back at school and as I expected, it was totally fine. I think I was just being a baby and enjoying my break so I really didn't want to go back haha! I already like all of my teachers and one of them is really funny! Anyways, let's make this quick and to the point because I just did pilates (sort of, there were bits I couldn't do) and I'm crashing. I swear she makes the Monday workouts the hardest of the week as if Mondays don't suck enough already! :P

Yume Lacquer Submerged Siren

First up is Submerged Siren, a shimmery and slightly duochromatic blue polish inspired by Sailor Neptune!

Yume Lacquer Submerged Siren

The formula was a breeze to work with as I've come to expect with Yume Lacquer polishes! I felt like there were a few clumps of unmixed pigment in mine (see my middle finger and thumb nail) but a coat of top coat would smooth that right out!

Yume Lacquer Submerged Siren

The fact that you can still see those bumps shows that these pictures are without top coat, and they're also just two coats of the polish!

Yume Lacquer Submerged Siren


Yume Lacquer Sunken Treasure

Next we have Sunken Treasure, a charcoal grey polish with shimmer and different-sized glitters, inspired by Final Fantasy 5!

Yume Lacquer Sunken Treasure

The formula on this one was slightly thick than the others but still entirely manageable! It's also pretty bumpy due to all of the glitters so I'd suggest a thick coat of top coat or two!

Yume Lacquer Sunken Treasure

Like almost all Yume Lacquer polishes this baby was easily a two-coater, and I also slapped a coat of top coat on top to combat the bumpiness caused by all that glitter!

Yume Lacquer Sunken Treasure


Yume Lacquer Queen Of The Ring

Next up we have Queen Of The Ring, a dark green crelly polish with long black bar glitter, inspired by Persona 2!

Yume Lacquer Queen Of The Ring

This polish was a little hard to apply, only because I was trying to avoid having a bar glitter stick out onto my cuticle or not lay completely on the nail!

Yume Lacquer Queen Of The Ring

What you see here is two coats plus two coats of top coat for maximum squishiness!

Yume Lacquer Queen Of The Ring


Yume Lacquer Photographic Evidence

Lastly we have Photographic Evidence, a grey crelly base with tiny gold glitters throughout! I think my bottle wasn't fully mixed because as you can see, there were a lot of pigment clumps throughout the bottle.

Yume Lacquer Photographic Evidence

The formula on this one was lovely as well, easy to control due to a slight thickness!

Yume Lacquer Photographic Evidence

This is the only three-coater I received from Yume Lacquer and that's amazing for indie polishes! I didn't apply top coat over this polish so this is just three coats and no top coat!

Yume Lacquer Photographic Evidence

Thanks so much for reading everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely time coming back to reality haha! Let me know which one of these is your favourite in the comments!

*These polishes were sent for swatches and an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment