Friday 22 November 2013

Mod Lacquer Swatches and Review: Mothman, Loup Garou and Misfit Masquerade!

Hey y'all! Today I have some beautiful Mod Lacquer polishes to share with you!*

I was so excited to get this package you guys, and I have to say, my already high expectations were definitely exceeded!

One of the reasons I was so excited is because of the bottles, they have the cutest shape to them! The top of the handle/brush part is rounded so if you like to store your glitter polishes upside down a few minutes before using them, do what I did and just pop the bottle inside a roll of toilet paper upside down to hold it! The brushes are also lovely, similar to Essie ones but thicker and a bit longer. I had absolutely no problems with application for any of these polishes!

By the way, Jennifer (the shop owner) is running a fall sale until December first, so you can use the code FALL15 for 15% off any order over $10 until then! She also added a retired sale section to her shop so you can pick up polishes from her older collections for reduced prices! Lastly, she has two awesome limited edition polishes available for purchase right now, Breaking Mod, a light blue jelly with different sized pearly white hexagon glitters, and Vault 24/18, an 18 and 24 carat gold topper in a clear base! I'm very tempted to buy both of them though I'm supposed to be on a no-buy! :P

Anyways, onto the pictures and individual reviews!

Mod Lacquer Mothman

First up is Mothman, a black crelly polish with medium-sized red and holographic charcoal hexes, and small holographic silver microglitter! I honestly believe it's impossible to own too many black crellies with glitter like this beauty! I love the red hexes because they keep the polish interesting when viewed in the Sun or the shade. In the Sun there are constant red glitters while all of the other glitters are changing colours, and in the shade it looks like a gorgeous black, red and silver blend! Shown here is two coats plus two coats of top coat (it only needed one, but I've never double top coated a glitter polish before and I wanted to see this polish at maximum squishiness)! The formula was great, though it was a little tricky to get a smooth line while cleaning up (solely due to it being a glitter polish). I was studying for and worrying about a midterm the evening I painted these, so that could have also been a major factor for me painting sloppily and needing more cleanup!

Mod Lacquer Mothman

Mod Lacquer Mothman

Mod Lacquer Mothman

Since my lightbox is where holographic glitters/polishes go to die, here is an Instagram video I took of this beauty!


Mod Lacquer Loup Garou

Next we have Loup Garou, a clear base packed with red, orange, yellow and black bar glitters! This polish just screams Thanksgiving to me and I could definitely see it being perfect for turkey feathers in some Thanksgiving nail art! I had a hard time deciding what polish to layer this baby over, I really thought an olive green would be nice but I don't actually own an olive green creme (gasp!). I decided on a pale nude colour to create a Thanksgiving-ish mani! Shown here is one coat (with slight dabbing on two nails) and a coat of top coat under two coats of American Apparel California Trooper!

Mod Lacquer Loup Garou

Mod Lacquer Loup Garou

Mod Lacquer Loup Garou

Mod Lacquer Misfit Masquerade

Lastly we have Misfit Masquerade, a glitter topper containing tiny, small and medium-sized blue, yellow and purple matte hexes! This one is just so fun and cute, I put it on both hands and I'm wearing it right now! I think this would be really cute over a pale version of one of the three colours of glitter in this, I almost did it over a pale purple and I probably will one day! Shown here is one coat plus one coat of top coat over one (yes, one) coat of Revlon Espresso (from the fairly recent Revlon Parfumerie Collection). I found a one-coater black guys!!! Anyways, onto more pictures!

Mod Lacquer Misfit Masquerade

Mod Lacquer Misfit Masquerade

Mod Lacquer Misfit Masquerade

Thanks so much for having a look everyone, happy Friday! :)

*These polishes were sent to me for swatches and an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment