Saturday 5 October 2013

Plum Flakie Mani: Shiny and Matte!

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for not posting for a few more days than usual, I have a night lab on Thursday nights and I got busy Friday, so I couldn't repaint my nails until today! Anyway, today I have some shiny and matte flakie nails to share!

For this mani I started off with two coats of Essie Carry On, a lovely crelly plummy brown polish! It's absolutely perfect for fall and winter if you're into matching your nails to the seasons! I feel like I say this about every polish I've talked about lately, but this beauty could be a one-coater if you're careful!

I then went in with a gorgeous flakie top coat, Color Club Covered In Diamonds. Covered In Diamonds is definitely more my kind of flakie polish than Essie Shine Of The Times, though I do own and love both! I've always been more of a cool colour than warm colour girl, what can I say?

After that, I went in with Julep Matte Top Coat, making sure to go even closer to the cuticle than the polish already there did (so I didn't get that glossy-millimetre-right-at-the-cuticle thing that often happens with matte topcoats).

Onto the pictures!

Essie Carry On

Two coats of Essie Carry On, no top coat.

Color Club Covered In Diamonds

One coat of Color Club Covered In Diamonds over my undies, no top coat!

Color Club Covered In Diamonds

Color Club Covered In Diamonds Julep Matte Top Coat

One generous coat of Julep Matte Top Coat over everything else I mentioned!

Color Club Covered In Diamonds Julep Matte Top Coat

Color Club Covered In Diamonds Julep Matte Top Coat

Color Club Covered In Diamonds Julep Matte Top Coat

What do you guys think, shiny or matte? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Hope you're having a lovely weekend, we're having a turkey dinner tonight just for fun and I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment