Monday 24 June 2013

Black Sheep Lacquer Swatches and Review: Ride the Lightening, Dragon Scale and Into the Void!

These three polishes were sent for me to swatch by the lovely Erin of Black Sheep Lacquer! Excuse the small cut on my thumb making an appearance in these pictures, I must have nicked myself with my razor in the bath! :P I ended up loving all of these polishes even more than I thought I would after applying them!

Get ready for a bunch of pictures!

Black Sheep Lacquer Ride the Lightening

First up is Ride the Lightening, a jade green metallic polish with what looks to be holographic glitter thrown in! The formula on this one was wonderful, I went over some spots on my nail many times with the brush with no balding issues! It seems to be a bit thick, but it applies as if it isn't; wonderfully self-leveling and easily spreadable. This is one of the polishes made with a new formula she's trying out, and I definitely approve! What you see here is two coats of Ride the Lightening plus one coat of top coat!

Black Sheep Lacquer Ride the Lightening

Black Sheep Lacquer Ride the Lightening

Black Sheep Lacquer Ride the Lightening


Black Sheep Lacquer Dragon Scale

Next up is Dragon Scale (that is slightly different than the one available on her shop in that it contains small blue glitters)! Dragon Scale is a blue metallic polish that has a bit of a green duo-chrome effect. This polish had an amazing formula as well, and this is just two easy coats plus a coat of top coat!

Black Sheep Lacquer Dragon Scale

Black Sheep Lacquer Dragon Scale

Black Sheep Lacquer Dragon Scale



My undies for the last polish featured in this post (the black is two coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl and the grey is one coat of Sally Hansen Wet Cement)!

Black Sheep Lacquer Into the Void

Finally, this beauty is called Into the Void. When I got all of these polishes in the mail my boyfriend even picked this one up and mentioned how cool it was! Into the Void is a clear base filled with what I think are small silver holographic glitters (it wasn't sunny enough today to tell unfortunately), medium-sized teal hexagon and square glitters, and medium-sized copper hexes. This is just one coat over my undies, this polish is packed with well behaved (as in non-curling) glitter! This would have to be my favourite of the three, I really loved it over both base colours I chose!

Black Sheep Lacquer Into the Void

Black Sheep Lacquer Into the Void

Black Sheep Lacquer Into the Void

I'll be posting at least three more three polish Black Sheep Lacquer posts in the near future so stay tuned! Check out more of Erin's awesome polishes at her Etsy shop here! Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I really love the first one, great colour and it matches with your skin tone so much! they all look great though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it looked nice with my skin too, thank you! :) I love them all too haha! :)

      Delete